Our philosophy is to help people by taking university knowledge to where people live, work, play, develop, and lead. We work at being responsive to the needs of the people by focusing our resources on providing quality information, education and problem-solving programs for real concerns.
Kallie Turner, Agriculture and Natural Resources/4-H
Office Professional Application Materials:
Please send a completed application and resume to Kalliet@ksu.edu. The position will remain open until a suitable applicant is hired. Please contact Kallie Turner at the Kingman County K-State Research and Extension Office with questions.
Employer and Supervisor: The office professional reports to the local unit director and/or other extension agents. The local extension board provides the salary and benefits.
General Responsibilities: The office professional provides general administrative support to the local K-State Research and Extension educational program.
Specific Responsibilities: (The particular job may require responsibilities be added to or deleted from this list).
- Present the first impression of the local extension program and K-State Research and Extension while greeting the public and answering the telephone.
- Respond to routine requests from the public. Refer other requests to the appropriate individual.
- Be familiar with schedules of agents in order to respond to phone calls and office visits.
- Open, sort and date-stamp mail. Scan and note due dates for responses. Make copies as appropriate to keep everyone informed of important information.
- Organize correspondence, records and other information for future retrieval.
- Copy and distribute correspondence, news releases and meeting and event notices via mail, email, or social media.
- Create documents such as newsletters, fliers, brochures, etc.
- Maintain web pages and social media with up-to-date information.
- Receive and record registrations for events.
- Prepare regular and routine documents, logs, reports and schedules.
- Maintain databases.
- Coordinate ordering of supplies, equipment and publications.
- Keep publications racks stocked and rotated.
- Manage the documentation associated with the volunteer screening process.
- Perform routine maintenance of office equipment and make arrangements for repair when necessary.
- Keep mailing lists and databases up-to-date.
- Maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable and budgets.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the board.
- Prepare monthly payroll including filing of state and federal reports.
- Receive and record cash and checks.
- Operate equipment such as computer and copy machines.
- Delegate duties as appropriate to part-time or student employees.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to represent the local office of K-State Research and Extension in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of English, spelling, grammar and basic math.
- Knowledge of the operation of office equipment and personal computers.
- Knowledge of standard formats for letters, memos and reports.
- Ability to keep sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to learn and apply rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to record, file and retrieve information.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Ability to understand and follow step-by-step verbal and written instructions. The work is primarily sedentary and will be performed at a desk or in the office environment. The work may require some repetitive movement of the arms and hands. There may be some moderate physical exertion such as carrying supplies and other items associated with educational events.
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
- Vacation leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday leave
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.